For TaxCalc to run efficiently, please make sure you have the following Minimum System Specifications on your PC:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
We advise that all appropriate Windows Updates are applied to your operating system.
Please go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com for details.
You will need:
- Pentium II Processor (or compatible) with 450 MHz (or an 800MHz processor if running Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8)
- 256 MB of RAM for Windows XP
- 512 MB of RAM for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- 1024×768 or higher with 256 colours (or higher)
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Adobe Reader or Acrobat are recommended if you want to create a printable pdf document.
The latest version of Adobe Reader
is available for free,
You will also need:
- Inkjet Printer or Laser Printer if you want to file your return by post
- Internet Connection to run live TaxCalc Updates and to file your tax return online.
Please be aware:
This is the Minimum system requirements for TaxCalc to run. Depending on other applications you are running and other unknown factors you may be required to have higher specification hardware than is detailed here (e.g. more RAM) to give you a more enjoyable experience of TaxCalc.
Other Operating Systems:
We have many customers happily operating TaxCalc under one of the handful of solutions which allow Windows to be emulated on Mac.
Further details can be found here.
Once you have a Windows desktop up and running on your Mac, TaxCalc will work exactly as it does on a PC and we will provide our usual level of support.
It is very much our intention to make all our products available to run natively on Mac and
your feedback would help us prioritise this project.